• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps connect with wifi, not 3G

Revbushido

Lurker
Jan 26, 2011
Hey everyone.

After searching google I come to the point where I feel I must ask is question. Most people seem to be having the opposite problem.

Does anyone know why my apps (market, google translate, google maps, etc.) will connect using wifi, but will not connect using 3G?

I know the 3G works, because I am able to access the Internet from the browser included with the phone when using 3G.

I have an acer liquid E on telus. I've had the phone for a month now and it has never worked. I've updated to froyo and confirmed with telus that I have a data plan.

So if anyone knows how to fix this, or where to find the answer, I would be grateful.

Hi all,

I have the same issue with a unlocked liquid e on telus network. What data plan are you trying to use? I am trying to use the Telus prepaid data and messaging plan, which I kinda think is the problem. I was told by one technical support dummy at telus that prepaid Data plans only support web browsing and not smartphones, which is the way my phone is behaving. I was also told by many other technical support dummys at telus that this Data plan is Data and it is not just limited to browsing. Who do you beleive? I am trying to get someone with a postpaid telus sim to try it in my phone. or try my prepaid sim in a telus smartphone (HTC Desire or the like)

anyone else run into this?

Upvote 0
Thanks Revbushido!

the telus link above is what needs to be done!

I have cut and pasted the settings below incase it dissappears.

Navigate to your device's connection settings menu (menu name may vary by device)
Enter the following configuration settings into the appropriate fields:
  • APN: sp.telus.com
  • Proxy server: 74.49.0.18
  • Port: 80

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones