apps constantly runSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ryan04

Ryan04 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have advanced task killer.. I kill all task and open it again and at least three of the task I killed are running again.. its really sucking the battery life away.. what can i do to make sure these programs close and stay closed? Any and all help will be appreciated. keep in mind this is my first smart phone so Im still learning

Advertisement
  2. Gotta Be Mac

Gotta Be Mac Well-Known Member

Some of the apps that are stock on the phone like Voice Dialing will always reopen. There's no way to get rid of these because Motorola wanted those constantly running!

3. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

I've tried the task killer too and was having the same thing happen. after removing the task killer, my phone runs smoother than it did before. like mac said, some are meant to run all the time.

4. Ryan04

Ryan04 Active Member This Topic's Starter

does the x have its own "task killer" i think I saw something that was like a task killer but I havent checked again since i downloaded atk

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

The fact that the apps are in memory doesn't mean they are "running", taking up any CPU or any battery.

Here's the google development team's take on memory management.

Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way

In other words, stop looking and worrying about what's running and just enjoy using it and let the OS deal with the memory (which is does a good job of).

This isn't Windows Mobile we are using.

6. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Remove ATK, go to Menu/Settings/Applications/Running Services.

I use that on my fiances phone to stop certain services that don't have any reason to be running.