1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Apps crash when selecting to input textSupport

1. ItalianDragn

ItalianDragn Member

anytime I tap in a spot that would then cause the keyboard to pop up the app crashes.

I did have TouchPal keyboard installed but removing it changed nothing. Installing a different keyboard did nothing either.

Is a Factory Data Reset my only option? Have others been having this problem?

Model: GT-P3113
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Kernal: 3.0.8-378347-user SE.infra@sep-66 #1
    Build: IML74K.P3113UEALD3

Advertisement
    :
  2. rasjoy

rasjoy New Member

The same things is happening to me as well. I installed swype beta and another keyboard that had Thai support. I uninstalled both of them and I still get the same error. If you find a solution, please let me know.

Model: GT-P3113
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Kernal: 3.0.8-378347-user SE.infra@sep-66 #1
    Build: IML74K.P3113UEALD3
  3. ItalianDragn

ItalianDragn Member

I ended up just doing a factory rest
  4. Screech

Screech Well-Known Member Contributor

I just started having this same problem yesterday.... I've had to factory reset this thing more than any device I've owned before....
  5. Giltron2000

Giltron2000 New Member

Hi, I have the same problem and the Samsung tech support told me a factory reset was the only option.
  6. Hhsamsung

Hhsamsung New Member

Hey guys I've done 2 resets in the last 3 days because of this. Was anyone able to find a solution for it? I'm thinking about sending it back to get a refund if I have to reset it all the time. I'm not even using it for anything crazy so it has got plenty of memory free. Thanks
  7. devdimi

devdimi New Member

Hi everyone,

I had the exact same problem and have found a solution that works for me without factory reset, so I wanted to share it - it might work for other people too.
    The solution is to clear the clipboard - it seems that the clipboard can crash the keyboard.
    To clear the clipboard you can use an app or clear the /data/clipboard folder. (as I did). To do this you have to root the device and delete the the directory and recreate it.
    After this everything works just fine.

If you don't know how to root android device or delete a folder - you can look it up, there is plenty of information about this.

Kind Regards

PS
    A workaround to install new apps ( for instance SuperUser for root privileges) when everything is crashing is to send yourself an email with the link to the app. On the device open your gmail app and just click the link - you can install the app without having to search for it.
  8. dudeinsydney

dudeinsydney New Member

I was experiencing the exact same issue today.
    Tried a number of things but the only solution that sorted it out was a factory reset.

Anyone have an idea as to what has causes this fault to occur in the first place?