• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

spitfire1979

Lurker
Apr 24, 2013
Hi, sorry if this has been posted before but I'm having problems with some apps crashing, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row and I don't know what to do. I have tried a soft reset (turning phone off taking battery out and so fourth) and short of doing a hard reset (which I don't really want to do) I don't know what else to try. Any help would be great. Thanks.

What is your OS, K-K or JB?
If it's Kit-Kat, here's a reply I wrote for another person: I too had issues with Kit-Kat a week after it installed. Found out it was some apps that wrote to the SD card. (K-K changed the permissions & security). So I had to do a hard re-set.... Pain in the rear...... But, it has solved my problems.
I now have to wait till the apps up-date themselves for use with K-K to be fully back to where I started. (The apps were security ones the hid files).*
Good Luck,
Lateck

Upvote 0
I have no idea what os I have. The newest one I think!

Settings/General/About device/Android version. It may pay to do a hard reset, installing your apps one by one, then if you get app fails you will know which one is causing the issue. Maybe some of your apps are not fully developed for the newer Android Kitkat (4.4.2)

Upvote 0
I'm with Sprint here in Arizona (USA). You did not even note where your at or your carrier so I can only say what's on my Note 3.
Go to Settings> General> About device then see what Android Version you have. Kit-Kat is 4.4.2 or higher.
Also if you state your carrier, there maybe something specific to the company. (Like Sprint just released a new Baseband version this week.......)

That information will help others give you a better answer.
Lateck,

Upvote 0
Hi, sorry if this has been posted before but I'm having problems with some apps crashing, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row and I don't know what to do. I have tried a soft reset (turning phone off taking battery out and so fourth) and short of doing a hard reset (which I don't really want to do) I don't know what else to try. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I feel your pain but like others have said, we need to know what version of android you're on in order to help you out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones