• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps dissapearing?

I've been having this issue since the update. The apps disappear and then reappear at some point or after a reboot. I assumed it was a latency issue on the sd card as all the disappearing apps were located there. Using sandisk 2g that I got w/ my old Instinct. Will upgrade to newer technology and higher capacity and see if that solves this issue.

Upvote 0
If you are using the sd card that came with the phone you might try a higher class card. I believe the ones that came with it are only class 2. I put in a 32 g class 5 and haven't had any problems. One disclaimer, I'm rooted with a custom ROM and never accepted the update so I can't speak for that, but there were sd card issues reported even before the update.

Upvote 0
If you are using the sd card that came with the phone you might try a higher class card. I believe the ones that came with it are only class 2. I put in a 32 g class 5 and haven't had any problems. One disclaimer, I'm rooted with a custom ROM and never accepted the update so I can't speak for that, but there were sd card issues reported even before the update.

Fwiw: Yesterday I updated to vc and a different ROM and still have not had any sd card issues so it very well could be the class of sd card being used.

Upvote 0
Same here!
Since the update, I am getting the "This applicattion is not instralled in your phone" for random apps. Also, for some reason, the icons on others change to the default android icon, but the app loads.

I had no problems prior to the update, but since the update, the issue has started. Mounting and remounting sometimes works, power on/off sometimes works, but neither is reliable in itself.

Sometimes I have to redownload the app and reinstall.

Upvote 0
I've had the same problem, most often with Angry Birds. I don't have any apps installed on my SD card b/c I got tired of having to reinstall them when it messed up. I'm restarting my phone as we speak b/c Angry Birds is missing from my app list, but shows up in the market as Installed.

i experienced the same problem.....but after some digging around i think i got a solution.....it always works for me.....install "reboot" app from the android market.....after installation if some of the apps dissapear after ur phone gets hung then open it....it restarts all apps.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones