Apps don't store on your micro SD?Support

Last Updated:

1. Big Sixer

Big Sixer New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if that is true? I read it in an article that all apps go to an internal 70 Mbs storage and once you fill that up you have to go back and delete. I only bought an SD card figuring I would have tons of apps, so this is really dissapointing to me if true.

Advertisement
  2. Robm

Robm New Member

Yeah I figured that out a few hours ago when I went to buy a 8gig sandisk, ($40). I did this because I was worried the free apps I downloaded would be a waste if I was going to upgrade my sd card. so I switched it out and realized all of the apps were still there. They are pretty small files so far, the ones that are big are the games. ~6mb each.

3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

This is one of the requests, so hopefully a third party, or google itself will fix this in the future. Patience is the key for right now. I've noticed that my downloaded and camera pictures all go to the SD card, however.

4. Robm

Robm New Member

How would they change it? Just reroute where the apps are downloaded to the sd card? Seems easy in theory, might be a few pirating concerns if that is the case though

5. DualMonitors

DualMonitors Member

May i ask you all how one can go about to find/look at the "file manager" in order to see what was stored where?

i do not know where to click to find a file "tree" in order to see where things are stored.

thx in advance!

6. Music_Ian

Music_Ian Member

if this isn't changed, I'm going with another phone. Does anybody know of any petitions or anything that could help?

7. ssstraub

ssstraub Member

Google is really dropping the ball here, IMO. I want to move to Android, but this limitation has "640 KB should be good enough for everyone" written all over it.