Support Apps Folder

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Is there a way to create folders on the Application screens? If so, how can I move some of the apps icons that I don't use into the new folders?

Everytime I long press an app icon, it ends up on one of the home screens.

Thnx.

Advertisement
  2. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Go into your app drawer, and hit menu. If you're on the list view, choose grid view. When on the grid view, hit menu (again) and there's the option for New Folder.
    saptech likes this.
  3. saptech

Thank you sir, perfect instructions.
  4. MeLittleMe

MeLittleMe Active Member

I tried that and it seems to be the only way to hide all the garbage (unless one roots). So nice!

Seems like once you create the folder and dump apps in it, there is no way to add more. Stranger, you can create multiple files with the same name - each having different apps in them. I now have 3 files named "junk", all with junk apps.
  5. saptech

I was just getting ready to post on the same thing, seems there is no way to add more apps to the folder without creating a new folder. Also can you move the folder in a different apps window?
  6. BlandroidB

BlandroidB Member

You can transfer apps into old folders. Hit the menu button while in your applications and then hit edit and then drag and drop the app into the appropriate folder. Same applies if you want to move the folder. If you want the folder on the home screen however just go into apps and then do a long press and it will take it out to the home screen. Hope this helps.
    saptech and Scur like this.
  7. barclaymd

barclaymd New Member

I was unable to see an option to create a new folder. I have a Galaxy S running Gingerbread. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
  8. saptech

The instructions are for the Samsung Stratosphere using the TouchWhiz launcher. I'm not sure if it works exactly the same for your phone but it should be a way to create a new folder.