Apps for 2.xGeneral

1. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

What are some Apps that Eris 1.5 users can't get from the market but will be able to once 2.1 hits?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

look in the droid forum, or check out androlib.com
  3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Quick list off the top of my head:

Google Nav w/ turn-by-turn
    Google Goggles (BTW played with this on a friends phone and it is really not that great)
    Urbanspoon
    Talk to me
  4. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

Google earth!
  5. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

To me, getting to run those apps is not such a big deal. I hope the os upgrade improves performance, but Im not banking on it being significant.
    Im wondering whether it's possible that performance may actually suffer after the os upgrade; that it might be like trying to run Windows 7 with a Pentium 1 processor.
  6. Miami211

Miami211 Well-Known Member

what's talk to me?
  7. Miami211

BORING..... that's like saying "I don't really care about getting presents... I'm just looking forward to being another year older."
  8. grvthang

Me boring?! Hey - sorry that my life has much more going on that keeps me from getting excited about an os upgrade on my phone...
  9. OfTheDamned

Talk to me is a translator app. You speak into it and it translates what you said into the language you chose and plays the translation out loud.
  10. gary1973

gary1973 Active Member

don't forget to add flash when it is released
  11. OfTheDamned

I don't think that will be a 2.0 thing. It will probably be more of a patch update or a 3.0 thing. It would be nice if it was an add on app though.
  12. grvthang

I've been using talk to me about 2 weeks now. I just used it to write this post.
  13. OfTheDamned

I don't think we are talking about the same app.

Talk To Me
  14. grvthang

You speak and it turns into text. Isn't that it? i just used it again.
  15. Miami211

We all see that, hence why you're talking about it in a forum... hmmmm... :cool:
  16. OfTheDamned

No, the one I am talking about lets you speak and then it translates what you have said into French, German, Spanish, Italian, etc and speaks the translated phrase back to you.
  17. OfTheDamned

18. grvthang

Oh. This 1 is speech to text and image works pretty well perian this 1 is speech to text And it works pretty well. It's also called talk to me.
  19. grvthang

C? that wasn't too bad.
  20. grvthang

You usually have to do a bit of editing but i still find it faster than using the touch keyboard.