1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Apps for Android

Last Updated:

1. keithwins

keithwins Member This Topic's Starter

I am considering getting an Android phone, maybe a Nexus One. I use my phone to do a number of things like tracking time on different projects I work on (and then downloading it to my computer). So the specific apps that are available will help me make my decision. I currently use a Palm phone, it's only so-so but it has the apps I need.

I don't see how I can browse the apps without a handset. Is there somewhere to do that, other than just the "best of" compilations on various sites?

Alternatively: anyone have any favorite time-tracking software? Anything that integrates with Quickbooks? Any other Quickbooks apps, at all? There's actually one for the Palm that would let me write & print invoices, etc. from my phone, I've only held off getting it since I think I want to change platforms...

Thanks for any help.

Keith

Advertisement
  2. HTCZero

HTCZero Member

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I use shuffle to record my time on projects/tasks

4. keithwins

Thanks, Shuffle looks interesting. It doesn't look like there's any desktop application or synchronization, or any way to read/edit content on your desktop, right? The only reason I mention is because I'm such a faster typist on a full-size keyboard. Am I missing anything?

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Yep, it syncs with GTDify - Getting Things Done! I use the PC version when at work :p

6. keithwins

The link you provided goes on about linking GTDify to Google Calendars. Are you talking about that? Or just using GTDify itself? It seems the calendar link is sort of constrained.

7. mikepala85

mikepala85 Active Member

I came across a QuickBooks app, QBReflex which sync Quickbooks to android mobile. Better try for that app.

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I use Outlook on my desktop for calendars and tasks. If I need to access my tasks when I am on a different PC, I use Producteev.com (it syncs to Outlook). Producteev also syncs to the Astrid Tasks android app.