• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps for galaxy ace s5830 v2.3.3

Madelein

Lurker
Mar 25, 2012
Can you use juice defender and android booster together? What are the advantages of using these apps. Have installed both on my phone, but not so sure if that was wise... Also would like to be able to have only whatsapp using my packet data, not any other apps (like facebook, gmail etc). How can I set my galaxy ace (2.3.3) for that? I had Nokia 5230 previously and could set within whatsapp so that network roaming only for whatsapp, nothing else. Helped with saving on my airtime... Help will be appreciated. Very new to android (only got my upgrade phone last week). Many of my friends and family hav blackberry and are able to send whatsapp msgs for free (using BIS), and I would like to be able to communicate with them for less than standard sms costs (therefore using whatsapp).

Both these apps have almost similar uses, the android booster optimizes the values whereas with juice defender you will have to set the values yourself, it is much more user customizable. Though i don't see any reason to use both of them. One should be fine, its like using 2 anti virus programs in a single pc. You can use whichever gives you the best results.

Personally i don't believe in these kind of apps, they do little work while take up loads of ram, i find it extremely annoying trying to adjust all those settings in the juice defender, its better to just turn off wifi, bluetooth, gps or packet data whenever you are not using them, same goes for all other battery eating systems.

I don't know of any app that can make it possible for the packet data to be open exclusively for whatsapp, maybe someone else here knows. But its definately not in the default android system.

Reactions: Madelein
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones