1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Apps for ladies

Last Updated:

1. TwoStatesAway

TwoStatesAway New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. oppendroid

oppendroid Well-Known Member

That is a COOL app! Thanks for posting!

3. aand

aand Member

Love this...my 'lady' apps are

Moon Phase so my husband knows when to stay away, (or not)

Period Tracker for obvious reasons

Google Calendar for scheduling my kids chores from anywhere - they all have their own gmail account and shared calendar. They get home, check their calendar and gmail and even if I'm not home, chores get done.
    I also use google calendar to plan my menu and I use tasks to create my grocery list. (I just ordered a cheap android pad to mount to the fridge for those particular programs).

I use toddler lock a few times a week when I need a couple minutes of quiet from my 3 year old. Turn that thing on and I know I've got about 2 min. 30 sec. to make a phone call or talk to someone.

There are more, but those are the main ones I use.

4. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Y'all should check out Android's Girl

Great blog. Though it is for the women with android, it has great posts.

5. oppendroid

oppendroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for this information. I just downloaded DoggCatcher and I couldn'tfigure out what feeds to subscribe to ... now I have one! :)

6. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

No worries. The creater of the blog has another one called mobil3gen.com. Its really good but she said she's putting it on hold for a bit to focus on Android's Girl.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

7. alancorp

alancorp Well-Known Member

8. Tburks

Tburks New Member

Can you explain the "cheap android pad" for the fridge? I would love to have something that will show google calendar...

also... "our groceries" is awesome... it syncs with an email address, my husband can enter grocery items on his phone, and it will immediately show up while i am still in the store...

Thank you!

9. evo046

evo046 Member

I've got kinda big hands, so I messed up the blush once or twice. Smeared the lipstick a bit. But what the heck, I kind of like it like that. ;)

Sent from inside a bottle of Bud Lite.

10. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

As a woman this thread scares me ;)

11. levisnpearls

levisnpearls Member

I like the womenwithdroids website...awesome site/reviews.

As for apps I like:
    GroceryIQ -- scan barcodes and create lists for stores (can be shared)
    OurGroceries--syncable shopping lists with others with the same app. We also use this to create a "store" for bills due this paycheck, birthday wishlists, christmas wishlists, etc with the family members. Works quite well.
    BuzzBox--rss reader for the serious and no so serious websites...whether it's news or celeb news... it all comes in based on the websites i pick.
    Fit Journal--tracks BP, Weight/Fat%, and Blood Glucose for cheap.
    SparkPeople.com Diet & Food--the app and the website are both amazing. I have made myself accountable for my weightloss via that site and the app. Prior to my accident and spinal cord injury I was 147lbs and 5'11. After the rehab, steroids, drugs, etc... I was up to 335 and 5'8. Since I've lost 5" in height, that really throws my BMI off. I am now down to 200 and fighting to get back down to 145. The weekly weigh-ins and body measurements keep me accountable to me, and not a room full of people who don't know me--yet are actually present when I step on the scale and have to explain why I went over points or didn't lose weight that week.
    Lamputa--a book reader that actually has current books to download for free.

12. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Speaking of grocery apps, there are a couple more you might want to check out. AndyShopper is brand new and is in alpha testing at the moment and a really nice, simple one that I like is Hungry!