• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps for youtube

Is there an app available that can make youtube videos load and stream faster without having an internet connection?

Also what are some great apps for hotspot
I heard of superbox, hotspot widget, and quicksettings, but I don't know which one to pick. I want to pick the right one that would make streaming smoother on my pc, you know,without all the loading and buffering.
plz answer :thinking:

So I tried using superbox, it connected just fine but it says no internet access, any idea why?

Is there an app available that can make youtube videos load and stream faster without having an internet connection?

Also what are some great apps for hotspot
I heard of superbox, hotspot widget, and quicksettings, but I don't know which one to pick. I want to pick the right one that would make streaming smoother on my pc, you know,without all the loading and buffering.
plz answer :thinking:

So I tried using superbox, it connected just fine but it says no internet access, any idea why?

Upvote 0
No, nothing can speed up a data connection.
I'm assuming by "no internet connection" you mean wifi....

Try using skyfire web browser. Its video support does make yt vids load faster but after three days you must pay for the app or it drops video support.

Oh poo! You mean via tether... no, you are stuck.

Upvote 0
what does via tether mean? so there is absolutely no way i can use my android as hotspot for my pc? I hav an app on my phone for hotspot called superbox, my pc connects to it just fine and it has a high signal, but it says no internet access.

Additional Details:
running windows 7
Phone carrier metro pcs
Android Not rooted (and I don't want to root now bc it could mess up my phone)

Also if i connect my phone to my pc using my usb, will that work?

Upvote 0
Do you mean using youtube "offline?" Not possible.
If you mean faster using the blazing 1x Metro speeds, not so much.
Most videos on youtube are not worth even attempting to watch using the Metro data connection, as it would take entirely too long. Tubemate lets you save most youtube videos, but again, it's gonna be painful to download these things without wifi.

And for the hotspot question, not sure if you're referring to an android app or pc software. The Metro easywifi is actually pretty good for our phones; can't really help with pc software.

Upvote 0
Most videos on youtube are not worth even attempting to watch using the Metro data connection, as it would take entirely too long. Tubemate lets you save most youtube videos, but again, it's gonna be painful to download these things without wifi.

And for the hotspot question, not sure if you're referring to an android app or pc software. The Metro easywifi is actually pretty good for our phones; can't really help with pc software.

woops. just saw your other post on this same topic. tethering is basically tying one device to another. In this case, one would tether their phone to the pc in order to use the phone's data connection as "internets" for the pc. You can do a market search for tethering apps. The better ones require root access though. AAANNNNDD, in my experience tethering my metro smartphone to my pc was worse than the dial-up days. The 1x speed really doesn't let you do much.

Upvote 0
what does via tether mean? so there is absolutely no way i can use my android as hotspot for my pc? I hav an app on my phone for hotspot called superbox, my pc connects to it just fine and it has a high signal, but it says no internet access.

Additional Details:
running windows 7
Phone carrier metro pcs
Android Not rooted (and I don't want to root now bc it could mess up my phone)

Also if i connect my phone to my pc using my usb, will that work?

root (it wont break anything, trust me)
download wifi tether for root users or a usb tether app oh, and check your pm's

Upvote 0
...... in my experience tethering my metro smartphone to my pc was worse than the dial-up days. The 1x speed really doesn't let you do much.

yeah, its pretty bad. i actually use it as my internet connection when i'm on my pc. lets me do basic stuff (like be here) but not worth it if anything else is available.

oh, requesting a merge of this double topic btw

Reactions: puyow18
Upvote 0

I have a router at home so i can connect to that easily with my pc and and my android. But when im not at home, I want my pc to connect to the internet using a hotspot app for the android. Im looking for an hotspot app that can do that. My pc works fine, I just want to use my android as a wifi connection. Is there an app or any possible way I can do that?? :thinking:
I already downloaded a hotspot app called superbox, my pc connects to it just fine and there's a high signal, but there is no internet access. Do you know why that is?

Upvote 0
I already downloaded a hotspot app called superbox, my pc connects to it just fine and there's a high signal, but there is no internet access. Do you know why that is?

not sure. try another app. search for "wireless tether" in the market. You may need root access for some, but they essentially do the same thing as the "hotspot" app you are trying to use.

Your situation with superbox sounds similar to what I found with 'wireless tether for root users' app. I would get the signal on the pc end, but the phone never cooperated. I simply gave up, since 1x data speed turns the information super-highway into the super-bike lane.

But good luck; if superbox doesn't play nice, try another.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones