apps from other places rather than the marketGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ray1510

ray1510 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is Ther another place I can get apps and games from other than the market if so are they better or worse? I see games my m8 got on his iPhone and they are a lot better than any game I've seen on the market, what is the risk if I download from a different source?
    Cheers, rich.

Advertisement
  2. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Hi Ray,

Yes it is possible to download apps, usually from places such as the android library. The risk is always higher from downloading from untrusted sources. However, there is absolutely no chance of finding games better than what are already on the android market as any game that good would have been posted on there to generate income :)

3. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

I have an Archos 5 Internet Tablet and though I have the Google Market hack on it, it natively comes with a market called Appslib.

AppsLib

Have not tried to install it on the X10 yet, but both the X10 and Archos run Android Donut.

4. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

Nevermind. Appslib won't install. I think if i grab apks i download onto my Archos and transfer them, i think some will work.

5. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

You can try AppsBrain, it has both the web page and android app, allows you control your apps from your PC you can install them or uninstall, it also tells you how much money in apps you have among other features. I use and it works great, There is also another called Mash App that has people sharing there favorite Application bundles. Here are the links

App Brain

Mash App