Apps/Games use ram or internal 8gb memory on the i7500?Support

Last Updated:

1. razorgamez

razorgamez Member This Topic's Starter

I searched the forums but could not find an answer to this specific question. Since the 8gb with in the i7500 is flash and built in, does the phone use this to store apps/games? or does it store it in the ram? If it's in the ram....thats now a lot of space for apps/games especially when some are pretty big files.....comments/sugestions/solutions?

Advertisement
  2. apolloFER

apolloFER Well-Known Member

Internal storage is divided into two sections. First section is ~800MB and is used as the system partition or shall we say ROM. Here is the operating system, all programs, settings etc. The other part of the internal storage (7.2GB) is mounted on /sdcard/ folder. Some apps use this space as their storage, GPS apps store maps here etc.

EDIT: I just noticed. RAM? What to you mean? RAM is system memory, nothing is stored there.

3. razorgamez

thanks! in the future if i do want to expand the ROM can i? (i just noticed i typed in RAM instead of ROM)

4. tisti

tisti Well-Known Member

I doubt you will be able to fill 700MB up with apps. :confused:

5. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Most probably not. I suppose the both internal memories may reside on the same physical chip, but I doubt you can repartition it.

And indeed 700-800 MB is more than enough fro apps and games. Rare game is 5 mb. So you could hypothetically install about 150 games, lol ) And that's if every game is 5mb )

6. kreator

kreator Member

Anyone know where are apps installed? I've seen that /system/apps and /system/bin contains some binaries but I can't find installed apps...

7. razorgamez

thanks for all the info. My phone is currently being unlocked by and i will get it back tomorrow. (It's locked to bell =( )