apps gone? ive researched before rooting

Last Updated:

1. bmar29

bmar29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I looked at every guide there is and im pretty sure I have a good grasp on the rooting concept. Anyway, I did the update.zip from the recovery menu. Then I went into Rom Manager and installed CyanogenMod. Unfortunately it got rid of all my default apps. market, etc.

Kind of confused.

Also, does anyone else recommend a different rom? Whats the most commonly used one?

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

The reason you don't have the default Google apps is because they're not open source, so they were removed from the actual CM file.

Do you remember in ROM manager, you were given the option to download Gapps and Modules? Make sure both of those are checked. If you flash again, they will all be there.

3. bmar29

no i dont? when am i supposed to be given that option?

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Make sure you have the newest version of ROM manager.

Go into your sdcard/clockwork folder, and delete the downloads folder (to start fresh)

Now, when you select 5.0.5, you should have the option to download the additional files. Also, make sure when it's downloading, it should say 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and 3 of 3 for the three files it will download. Also, let ROM manager install for you, or else you'll have to manually find the three files (they're deeply nested in folders, so it's kind of a hassel)

bmar29 likes this.
  5. bmar29

thanks man i appreciate the help