Apps-how to delete ...Tips

1. ibf1985

ibf1985 Well-Known Member

I can delete an app from the normal page. But when i click on the apps (in bottom right) and flick through my pages of apps, i noticed that some of the game apps and ringtone apps are still on there. How do i get rid of these :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

You aren't actually deleting the app by removing it from the page you're only deleting the shortcut. To delete it from the phone you have 2 choices:
    1- go to settings - applications manager, click on the app then click uninstall.
    2 - long press the physical home button at the bottom of the phone click the left icon then click downloaded at the top of the screen which will bring up a list of your apps with the option to uninstall.
    Hope that helps you
    javamann and ibf1985 like this.
  3. ibf1985

Great, two things i didn't know!! Thank you.

The other thing that annoys me is the email, it goes darker when i go into email, is there a setting that brightens it up without brightening the whole phone?
  4. annebrooks64

I'm assuming you mean the pre-installed email app?
    Gmail appears with a white background but the native app from Samsung is a black background with white writing. I don't know any way to change that. Sorry.
  5. ibf1985

OK well i have just solved my own problem with :)
  6. annebrooks64

Not sure that you can light out of it, think its just part of the system but I use gmail as a seperate app and ignore the Samsung one. You can disable notifications from it though so they won't appear in the bar.
  7. LandLockedPH

LandLockedPH Well-Known Member

Question I've been trying to get answered is...does uninstall delete all associated data or do you need to delete the data first and then uninstall?
  8. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

It certainly cannot hurt to delete the data and/or cache first, and then uninstall the app.
  9. LandLockedPH

LandLockedPH Well-Known Member

Or,does "uninstall" do it so you don't have to?
  10. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

The uninstaller follows a time-honoured computer habit of looking puzzled, scratching its chin and finally shrugging, before leaving app folders behind. If you use a file explorer, you'll see these perpetually abandoned folders, containing files whose meaning will slowly become lost in the mists of time. In years to come, people will look at our phones and wonder what the significance of these artefacts was, who buried them, and whether they were practical or just random instances of self-expression.
  11. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

I believe this happens because you have Power Saving mode enabled.