Apps..I have bazillion of them..

Last Updated:

1. Soulforger

Soulforger Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well i just happened to wonder how many max apps a phone will handle or the person will handle it..

quite opposite to my subject i have only 54 of them
    (I counted the icons when you click all programs in menu)

how many do you have?

sorry if its already posted by someone..

Advertisement
  2. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

I used to have about 100 but i tried deleting some I don't use so now i'm down to 79. I don't use a task killer. I'm sure there are many people out there who use 200+ apps, or rather, have 200+ apps installed.

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I have about 100 last count. AFAIK the only limit is APK + Dalvik-Cache storage space which is my case is 512mb as I use APPS2SD and that is the size of the partition I created on my SD card.

4. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

I'm at 117 (a few of my apps have to load my apps to work and that's how I know)

on my D1, I started getting low on space but haven't had that issue yet on my D2. However, if I use an app, and realize I'm not going to keep it, I immediately uninstall it. Periodically, I go through and do some housekeeping and get rid of stuff I don't use anymore.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I've got 133, and haven't had my phone for a month quite yet. Had over 400 on my iPhone.

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I have 73 3rd party apps installed right now. I will probably remove a few of those at the end of the month when I do house keeping on my phone. It all depends on what I actually use between now and then.

The total number of apps possible on a phone is really relative to the total amount of space available and the size of each app installed. If you are rooted and have app2sd or are running 2.2 then you have access to the SD card for app storage and this greatly increases the amount of space for apps. At the same time an app like Quick Boot only takes up 40 Kb of space and an app like WSOP takes up over 20 Mb. So obliviously you could install 25,000 apps that are only 40 Kb while only being able to install 50 apps that are 20 Mb. Since apps average around 2 Mb-3 Mb these days you could probably get around 325 installed with 1 Gb of space. This is of course not taking into account the minimum amount of space that the OS requires to run.