• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps I Used to Survive College

A++ Timetable, has a nice 2x2 widget and shows my 2 next classes (or if im in a class it shows current class and next class).

I have 'Compass' installed and tested it against my compass and it was just as accurate, I used it yesterday for a mapped traverse which was so much quicker than using my analogue one.

I have one called calculator which is a scientific calculater with loads of funtions. Great for quick maths when doing prac work (im a geologist) since i already have my phone out for the compass.

also have one called Periodic table which gives a huge amount of information on each element.

Upvote 0
I use the 4x4 CalWidget for checking out events a few days out.

I've used RealCalc many times for my Accounting and Political Science classes.

Astrid has been a really handy to-do list app, especially with the widget.

And Swype of course :D

That's all I can think of for now. I would look through my app list, but I just wiped and installed EvilEris 2.0 XD

Upvote 0
I didn't have a smartphone when I was in college. Wish I'd had one to help me organize my life. Three years after that I get a smartphone....*sigh*
I didn't have a smart phone in college. I didn't have a cell phone at all. I don't think I even had a calculator (so long ago I can't remember).

I did have a slide rule though. It did not help me organize my life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones