Apps in alphabetical order in grid viewSupport

Last Updated:

1. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    Is there a way to re-arrange the applications list in grid view in alphabetical order?
    If I switch to "list view", they are in alphabetical order, but in grid view, they are not. I could not find a way to do it.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Sibben

Sibben Member

Don't think so. Grid view allows you to arrange them to your pleasing, so you can have all apps of one category on one page for instance. Menu button -> Edit.

3. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, . I knew about the edit functionality, I was just hoping that it could be automatically rearranged.

4. worrell08

worrell08 New Member

Yes there is! first you hit the application button then once your in the application hit the soft key to the far left at the bottom (the one that is 3 lines on top of one another) then hit view type. the hit alphabetical grid! Oh yea! that one took for ever to figure out! ;)

5. Black Rose

Black Rose Well-Known Member

I don't have the alphabetical grid option on my SGS.

6. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Well-Known Member

What firmware are you on? Are you on a custom ROM, such as Darky's by any chance? Or perhaps a third party launcher.
    The stock Android using TouchWiz launcher isn't able to sort the apps alphabetically in grid view. There is a way to do it though by rooting the phone and installing the Sortapps application from the Android market.

Ray

7. Skrambles

Skrambles New Member

Search for a program on the market called AppZorter that will sort your apps in grid view