Apps launching themselves

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mr739238, Aug 4, 2010.

1. mr739238

mr739238 New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Every so often I check my memory with Advanced Task Manager and I see certain apps running in the background and my available memory has dropped quite a bit. Now I am using the HTC Incredible so I still have about 127 MB free, however what concerns me the most is why the programs are even launching themselves in the first place.

I could see some application having to start themselves, like a twitter client or an email client, however one of the programs that seems to be launching itself is the eBay app. I installed the app in case I wanted to view an ebay listing however I never use the program and it still seems to launch itself.

Is this an example of a poor application design (i.e. ebay app) or is there some other reason these programs are launching themselves? Thank you.

Advertisement

2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    Seems like an auction app would need to keep itself updated on what's going on with your account.

3. mr739238

mr739238 New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Possibly .. but this "option" should be something clearly listed in the user preferences and not something enabled by default.