• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps listing in downloads - market missing

nedamdam

Android Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2010
Slovakia
As of yesterday, apps in my downloads section are missing.
Last one I updated was mytracks (says I updated google maps well its the last on the list)

And instead of having there 20-30 apps I have there 5.

Apps that are missing arent the ones that I moved to SD

And I cant attach them to market CUZ they are attached. Installed. When I search for them in the market. It says installed and I can even update. I just dotn see them in the download section....

Now I thought it might be something cuz I changed markets via market access to be able to download payed apps. But which sim I try , the same few apps (all after clear cache and force stop ofc) pop up.

Any idea?

PS: I read slugs post, but not sure this has something to do with it, seems a different nature , if it is, sorry :p

EDIT: Ok 1 little thing helped, installing a new app :) it restarted the list and now I have it back :p .

I was going to suggest exactly what you did :p Installing a new app has always solved this problem for me.

It's useful to know that titanium backup has a market doctor to restore all of these links should they be lost, although nine times out of ten you just need to refresh the list like you did.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what I meant by the nine times out of ten bit. A refresh is usually all it's needed for me too.

TB is also useful to ensure all your apps are still linked to the market. Somewhere along the line a few of mine had become disconnected (even in the backed up versions) when I switched to froyo.

Upvote 0
I've noticed apps disappearing from my Market > Downloads list on my Desire too, but only since the official unbranded 2.2 OTA update was installed.

Yesterday I updated twicca to v0.7.28, I was prompted there was an update when I was looking at my downloads, and wanted to update my rating and comments after I installed it, but it wasn't in my downloads list any more after it installed the new version, so I had to search for it to be able to make the changes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones