1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Apps loading on boot

Last Updated:

1. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed lately that more and more apps automatically load themselves upon booting the phone. I'm guessing the reason is that they then load quickly when started. Problem is... with many apps installed it's just using up internal memory. I understand that some apps need to be active but many of them don't For example, TapaTalk automatically loads. I simply see no reason for this. TapaTalk will even go so far as to reload randomly.

As well all know phone manufactures have certain preinstalled apps load automatically... an educated guess is that those companies have paid the manufactures to have this done. But it's even more annoying that paid apps automatically load themselves when they don't need to!

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try startup auditor or something like that.

3. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need another program to correct the other ones?

My point is that I see no reason for programmers to start their apps up automatically if they don't need to be running. This simply takes up needless memory. Seems like more and more apps are doing this. We all talk about battery life... well, if the phone needs to load, unload and then load these programs again is this going to help with that problem? We also like to say that Task Killers are not needed but perhaps this is yet another reason why they are.