1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Apps Management Help NeededSupport

1. Carol2

Carol2 Active Member

I have some questions about managing applications and installation. So far, I have found two ways to get to apps. (I am sure there are better apps and more sophisticated ways - I did download and install ASTRO File Manager - but it seems far too complicated for my level of novice at this point. Don't worry, I'll get there. :))

1) Apps => Application Manager - shows list of "Installed Apps" and "Apps to Install".

- Interestingly, it doesn't show any of the apps I have already downloaded and installed. What's up with that?

- It does show several apps that don't appear on my Apps screen/page/drawer (still working on proper terminology): Bubbles, Marionette, Tom's Dinner, User Guide. The only choice here, though, is to "Uninstall". What the heck are these apps and how do I get to them and open them?

2) Menu => App settings - This has three tabs at the top: Downloaded, Running and All. Here I can see what I think are all of my apps.

- Is this the better "place" (app?) to uninstall an app? Since many apps do not appear using the Application Manager above, I guess this would be the only choice for those.

- Again, I see some of those same apps (Bubbles, Marionette, Tom's Dinner, User Guide) that are not on my Apps screen. I still can't find a way to get to them.

Thanks to all with the patience to bear with me. :)

Carol

Advertisement
    :
  2. chicle

chicle Well-Known Member

I don't have application manager so I can't help you with that.

In settings > apps is where I delete apps from. I use es file explorer, free in the playstore (check the root requirements and mount system in explorer settings). to install apps.

You should be able to see all your apps in the apps drawer.
    Carol2 likes this.
  3. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Well-Known Member

"All apps" includes the factory and system apps.

I manage apps from the same place.

You can uninstall from the "play store" but it doesn't have the option to clear the apps cache like "Settings, Apps" does.
  4. Carol2

Carol2 Active Member

I think Application Manager is a stock application, but maybe you uninstalled it?

This one?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lc3Ryb25ncy5hbmRyb2lkLnBvcCJd

That's what I thought, but I cannot. I do not see any of those four apps (Bubbles, etc.) in my Apps Drawer.

Carol
  5. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Bubbles is.

Marionette is a live wallpaper or theme.

There's also the builtin manual.
  6. chicle

chicle Well-Known Member

I'm rooted and have titanium pro. Freeze the bloatware,, you don't have to uninstall it