• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Missing From Android Market

zleoz57

Lurker
Aug 21, 2011
Hello everyone, I have problem with the Android market. I am currently with AT&T and many apps are missing from the market. I have had them before on my phone, but due to a SMS problem I had to factory reset my phone three times (not all at the same time). Ever since I reset my phone, I have not been seeing apps I once used to have. Some include:

Yongzh's game emulators
Facebook
mobile metronome
Guitar tablature

I also cannot install apps via downloading the apk from the internet and opening them on my phone, my phone gives me a message saying I cannot install out of market apps, when clearly, the apps have been in the market, another problem left unsolved.

So if anyone has any ideas on what to do, please let me know. This has been an ongoing problem for another a year now.

Thanks

Right, that's the problem. I know that some are in the market and I cannot see them, while others got removed. I have not had access to common apps for a while. Funny thing is that I backed up all of my applications with astro before factory resetting, but when i try to reinstall them through astro, a message pops up saying "For your security, apps not enlisted on the android marlet are blocked" or something like that, even though like you said, facebook is still there. I think it was just called tablature by the way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones