• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps missing from app store again?

drot84

Jul 24, 2010
I've lost the ability to see a few apps recently, and I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

As I've searched, I'm starting to wonder if this may be specifically related to the Samsung Epic and the update Sprint rolled out to me a day or two ago.

I can no longer see Fandango, SlingPlayer, or Where - and the last time I looked for one of these was Sunday, pre-update. I had not previously used this app, but was also searching for Easy Answer and could not find it. Is anyone else having this issue? For the sake of the class, let us know in your answer what phone you're using. If you're on an Epic, please especially note if you've had the update from Sprint this week.

Thanks!

ps - I tried the instructions in the following thread, but it did not work for me, although I didn't see Google Apps as specified in Step 5-C

Can't Download Android Apps

part of my hypothesis is based on a thread about not seeing the SlingPlayer app after the previous update:

no slingbox app in Epic 4g Market Place

any help is appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones