Apps not able to get root privilege

1. LAWLETTE

LAWLETTE Well-Known Member

I installed Link2sd and attempted to run it and got a message saying it cannot get root access. To test if it was just the app or my phone I removed titanium backup from my allowed apps list and ran it. Now it cannot get root access. The odd this is that terminal and other apps like root explorer (ones that already have access granted) can still get root privileges. Anyone know what is causing new apps not being able to be granted root?

Advertisement
  2. trenchkato

trenchkato Well-Known Member

Open superuser and see if any are denied... maybe :shrugs:
  3. LAWLETTE

Nothing is denied. This is just an odd predicament.
  4. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

check super user settings make sure its notifying you they are requesting su privileges
  5. LAWLETTE

It notifies me when apps that already have the permission are granted root, but when other apps like titanium backup (I removed it from the allowed list to test) try it doesn't show up at all.
  6. new optimus

There is a setting to pop up the allow or deny when apps request for the first time. make sure that is set.
  7. new optimus

I think if you go into super user find your app click it and see if it says deny, or forget
    if all else fails try using forget then when that app starts again it will pop up the allow deny pop up.
  8. LAWLETTE

The app is not in superuser. The issue is when ANY app that has not got root privilege before asks it is denied. All the setting are set to notify me, but they are still denied. Apps that I have set to allow already can still get su, but new ones cannot.
  9. new optimus

very interesting problem not something I have heard of before.

Just a thought but the other day I saw a super user update on market did you update yours?
  10. LAWLETTE

I have not. Superuser has never shown up in the market for update?
  11. Jakk

Jakk Well-Known Member

what about uninstalling superuser and reinstalling it? it's what i would try.
  12. Necrotoxin

Necrotoxin Well-Known Member

I've had this issue come up before. Go to settings/applications/manage applications then find super use clear it's data and cache, start the super user app and close it. Everything should ask for permission fine then.

Note: you will have to reallow.all of your apps root privs again but your new ones will work as well.
    LAWLETTE likes this.
  13. LAWLETTE

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much!
  14. Necrotoxin

No problem. Glad to help.
  15. hate

hate Well-Known Member

a little off topic..... but....I start the app "Autostarts" and when make my 1st change super user asks if I'll allow, i click allow(or whatever the button says) it starts to apply the change but then I get a message saying that it failed because i don't have root access. and I'm 100% sure that i do have it.....anyone know how i can i fix this?
  16. Necrotoxin

You might want to run the one click root again out odin to whatever baseband you want to use + root.

it sounds to me like kms didn't complete properly the first time you ran it.