apps not available due to screen size?Support

Last Updated:

1. jimmyhii

jimmyhii Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm considering getting a Wildfire over the Desire/Legend to save some cash. but i've heard that the wildfire doesn't get some apps due to it's lower screen resolution :( Would just like to know if there are a large number of apps that can't be used on the wildfire because of this? because if that's the case i'd rather spend the money and get a desire :)

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

There are custom keyboards from gimpsta which use the HTC keyboard (modified) as a base. They're really good, but even the low res one is too big on the wildfire display :(

If you can afford the desire, its much better in my opinion. Better resolution, more power.

3. jimmyhii

jimmyhii Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply, danfrance. i can get the desire but would prefer to save some cash if i could (i'm still a student!) i'm just hoping that the price of the desire drops after the desire HD and desire Z come out :D

but other than the keyboard problems, do you know if many of the apps such as utility apps, navigations apps, map apps, or any widgets, etc. are unavailable due to the screen? i'll be using mainly those apps, and not really so much of games.. thanks in advance!

4. drew21close

drew21close New Member

Desire may be expensive for you but its worth the buy. Your money would give you good quality because desire is way powerful than the others and will match your resolution. You will not regret it.