• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps not compatible help

ferret71

Lurker
Jun 14, 2011
Hello all,

Please forgive my ignorance as im new here and to android phones, and also tried the search function.

Can i possible ask for some help regards why my sons new HTC desire HD is not compatible with some apps on the android market.

Games like doodle jump are not compatible which is very annoying and other games he was hoping to be able to buy and play. Im sure that the phone is powerful enough to play most these game.

When i bought the phone yesterday for him, we downloaded and installed 2.3 gingerbread update which worked fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this or is my son stuck now with a phone that wont play most apps?

Regards

Do you have a list of games? I just tried Doodle Jump on mine and it installed fine.

I know some apps aren't available in some countries, do you mind me asking where you are based?

There is also an online version of the market. Log in with your Google account details and you'll be able to push apps to your handset via there, see if that works.

Upvote 0
hey don't know if you guys found this but IT DOE'S WORK i flashed resurrection remix ROM onto my samsung galaxy s2 and found 30 - 40 percent on apps on the market became incompatible, i stumbled across this looking to fix it, it lets you download the apps .apk file and install them, flashplayer, adobeAIR, dragon play slotcity i use all the time and this market app allowed me to install them even though they became incompatible hope it works for you guys it's located here >adf.ly/Fx5R7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones