• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps not downloading in Market (appbrain)

thelobster

Jun 4, 2010
morgantown, wv
I have had this problem for a while now. Some apps just refuse to update. Appbrain being one of them. It says downloading then downloading failed. I even uninstalled it and installed from market still no go.

I have about 5 apps that just refuse to update and now i dont even have appbrain because it wont download it. Anyone have a link to the apk to appbrian 5.11? or whatever the newest one is.

When i press cancel download on the appbrain page it force closes.

Reactions: jayred
thanks i cleared data and everything works fine now!

I tried that on my Hero just now. No joy.

For some reason I keep getting "Server error" when I start the Market app. My choices are Retry, which always fails since this started, or Cancel which dumps me out of the app so I can't even check settings. Clearing data did not help.

Other ideas?

Without Market I can't even download other apps to troubleshoot. It's a brand new phone so if I have to reload it back to factory defaults that's fine, but I'd prefer not to unless it will help.

Thanx.

Upvote 0
I'm still getting some problems, though from what I can gather (between monkeying around and googling), I'm starting to suspect the SD card, at least regarding the error message in my OP. There's a folder called ".android_secure" that apparently gets wonky and needs deleting. Not being home until Sunday, I'm not able to mount the Droid to see if it helps. YMMV either way, but are you even getting the same "Unknown -18" that I am?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones