1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

apps not installing

Last Updated:

1. mjm94

mjm94 New Member This Topic's Starter

Almost all the apps I try to download on my t-mobile pulse don't download, a message appears in the message window saying 'download unsuccessful.' It happens alot even thought I have full connection and alot of memory space. Does anyone know what is wrong and how can I fix it?

Advertisement
  2. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

i know it sounds simple, but have you tried rebooting the phone and trying again? this happened with me and seemed to do the trick.

3. mjm94

yeah i've tried it loads, ive searched through loads of forum and tried alot of things. I've got no idea whats wrong.

Thanks anyway.

If any one has anything they think would work, please post it. I need help.

4. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

might seem like a dumb question, but these are apps your getting from the market? You have to turn on 3rd party app installation.

5. mjm94

no it isn't a dumb question, how do i do that?
    i have downloaded games and apps bofore though its just stopped working. I have even tried to uninstalled apps i already have and tried to reinstall them and it doesnt download again. ???

please help, how do i do it ???

6. afceurope

afceurope Member

I have the same problem. It comes up with download unsuccessful and i have heaps of space left. How do you turn on 3rd party app installation?

7. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

Go to settings> applications> manage apps> allow non-market apis.

afceurope likes this.
  8. afceurope

afceurope Member

Ok i get to manage apps but then it just gives me what apps i have downloaded and the box with allow non market apps is already ticked

9. Wrath UK

Wrath UK Member

i think its a known problem with the new market and something to do with the amount of space the phone reserves for downloads, i was having the problem before and every now and again i just cleared the dalvik cache and rebooted and all worked fine. should hopefully be fixed soon its a common problem.

until then this is a workaround:
    go to apktop website and download your apps, put them on phone by connecting usb (or just download them through your mobile browser) and click on them to install, simples, this is your only option until they fix it themselves as it seems alot of people cant download the bigger apps and games.

10. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby Well-Known Member

hmmm, just as a word of caution... i have no personal knowledge of the above referenced site but just wanted to give a general word of warning when downloading apk's from "non" official websites, they can be risky

11. afceurope

afceurope Member

Thanks guys. :) Think I will wait and see what happens and hope that something gets fixed soon :)