Apps not recognized as installedSupport

Last Updated:

1. SBdrumz

SBdrumz Member This Topic's Starter

Got several issues on my Dinc when I booted this morning. Here are all the symptoms I see:

1)None of my downloaded applications are recognized as installed-I only see the factory-installed apps in the app launcher
    2)Settings->Accounts&Sync gets FC (com.htc.settings.accountsync)
    3)Settings->Applications: While I do see all my downloaded apps in the list, the icons don't load for them, and when I click one, I get an FC on com.android.settings
    4)Phone storage/SD Storage numbers look good
    5)When I boot, the notification bar shows "Preparing phone storage", followed by "Preparing SD Storage" as it normally does, but the Sync icon only flashes for a second.

I'm running stock 2.1, no root...just a normal every day phone user. Was reading articles with the Time Magazine app prior to shutting down for the night. Had plenty of battery left, so I didn't even plug it in.

Any ideas?

-sb

Advertisement
  2. SBdrumz

ugggh...meant to put this one in Troubleshooting....sorry bout that.

3. SBdrumz

It's almost like my phone isn't recognizing it's internal memory....

I don't have the Market App, either.

Wonder what happens if I do a Hard Reset?

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Well market is part of the factory-installed apps, and you said you had those right?

Sounds like a file is corrupt, and you may need to do a factory reset, since it seems like you tried a normal soft reset and it didn't work.

5. SBdrumz

You're right....the market was factory installed. Not sure why I lost that one. Anyway, I did a factory reset, and all is seemingly good to go, with the exception of I don't have 3g. I think there's a thread about that here somewhere. Going to search for it.....

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Nah, the whole "losing 3G" fiasco was just a mistake. You should have it.

7. SBdrumz

So.....I called VZW support, told the guy I didn't have 3g, got walked through the "remove the battery for a minute-reboot-still no 3g-try *228 option 1-still no soup-try *228 option 2-still no soup" trick, then he put in an order for a replacement.

I then picked up my phone to call my wife to tell her the news. I couldn't complete the call....the phone wasn't recognized. WTF?!?!

Called back in to tech support and went through the same process as before (which I did before the call) to no avail. This time, however, the csr got a tech on the line. This guy actually knew something.

He had me call ##778. This brings up the HTC application to get to the settings theoretically updated by *228. My NAN settings were wrong (the MSIDs I think); they didn't reflect my phone number....they were still showing a default (0000009619). I put my #s in, saved, rebooted, and $$$, was able to make a call.

I told the guy about my 3g issue, and that I wondered if there was another setting in that menu.

We went back in, went into (i think) Home SID/Home NID. The setting that registers your phone to the mobile network (can't recall the property) is something like xxxxxx@vzw3g.com, where xxxxxxx should be your number. Mine wasn't there, so we updated, rebooted, now I'm good as new.

Sorry my details are a little fuzzy....I'm replying via my phone. Moral of the story is: among other things, ##778 takes you into the some very important settings. I don't know why they initially jumped to such a quick conclusion that I had a hardware issue with my 3g radio.....

In a related note, I asked each of the csrs where our froyo was. The tech guy said that there was a small push a couple of days ago, and that there's an issue with flash.....he said it was an Adobe issue. Whatever..... LOL