apps not removed after RUU restore...

Last Updated:

1. Visionikz03

Visionikz03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is very strange but whether i do a simple wipe or rollback to stock rom my downloaded apps don't seem to have been erased? The rom i was intending to load loaded fine and everything seems to work im just baffled how my dowloaded apps could survive a wipe and RUU reflash... i don't use apps2sd btw...

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

hmm, that IS pretty odd. Are they actually in the app tray, or just in the "downloaded" section of the market? The paid apps in the market are tied to your google account

3. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

when you say RUU... just to be clear you are running the RUU program on your computer.. not just going into recovery and wiping.. right?

4. Visionikz03

Visionikz03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Correct I am running the "ARU Wizard" to flash completely back to stock, not just wiping aka "factory data/reset" and my free apps are still loaded onto the phone in the programs menu. Although I didn't realize the EStrongs File Manager had an app backup setting that is automatically set to back up ur apps on sd. So i deleted EStrongs along with the empty folder it created on my sd then ruu'd and the apps were gone. Still not sure if that was the culprit or not...