Apps Not Working...Saying Cant Connect or FailSupport

Last Updated:

1. thefiend5

thefiend5 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok first off I am a noob when it comes to smart phones and flashing. I recently got a HTC Evo and had it flashed to be on metro pcs to try and save a little cash on the bill. Well I think I am learning you get what you pay for. I am hoping I can get some tips or tricks from this forum. My phone will not run any apps really. It wont connect to facebook or the app store or google maps and youtube. Basicly all the social apps dont work. However if I connect it to WIFI it will run it them. Is it cause metros data service sucks. Any help or advice is appreciated. Again I am new at this and would love some help....thanks again

Advertisement
  2. thefiend5

up up up

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

this may be the issue.

are you certain that the mobile network didn't get mistakenly turned off? thus only working on wifi?

menu>settings>wireless and networks>mobile network should be checked

4. thefiend5

Thanks for the help so Mr. Ed appreciate the reply. I have my phone now and I CAN connect to the net through the browser. Its the apps that run on the phone that cant seem to connect. I cant use the facebook APP itself but I CAN go to facebook.com and browse just fine or to any other site. But the apps like the marketplace...google maps...google voice search it gives me A error has occured while fetching data connection to api.facebook

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

hrm....in that case I have no idea. factory reset?

it does sound like an error associated with the flash over to metro pcs....which is out of my realm of knowledge.

have you searched over on the xda forums or a site where they discuss these sorts of carrier change flashes

6. thefiend5

XDA forms?? I will give it a try and see what they say...do you have a link...sorry Ed...totally NOOB!!! :)

7. thefiend5

up one more time

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member