• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps on internal memory

No idea but is the extra lost to Sense? (N1 users with Desire ROM might be able to answer this..)

Even with Apps2SD i've almost filled the internal memory now! Need to go through and remove some of the huge stuff. It's hard to work out what is taking up so much space once you have Apps2SD installed.

As I understand it the incredible doesn't have much extra space for apps either as the large internal memory can only be used for media files etc (until 2.2)

2.2 will be a very nice update..

Upvote 0
@OFI: True about Sense using more memory, forgot to take that into consideration. From what I gather, the phone doesn't use all of the RAM that's not partitioned for internal memory to function. If you root your phone you can open these unuse memory up. Though I'm not sure how much of the RAM is being undervalued.

@CorruptedSanity: Try using 'Quick System Info', it's a great utility management app :) It'll tell you everything you need to know about your phone and more. So battery, memory and apps information. There's a Logcat, so you can view all of the instructions being executed. You can backup your apps to the microSD card. You can see all the apps that are currently being used (idle and active) and their respective CPU% usage. There's a Task Killing function, though I won't recommend you to use it unless it's a rouge app...which if it is, you should uninstall it.
chart

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones