• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps open automatically throughout the day

I constantly see the same apps opening throughout the day. I think I have narrowed it down to when I get a text message it opens up a few other things. I have installed Handcent and disabled the stock message app i think. I have closed all apps and recieved a text and here is what opens everytime. Voice Dialer, com.coremobility.app.vnotes, sprint navigation, and still the Messages app opens even though it comes through Handcent. Anyone else have this problem or know how to resolve?

Thanks

Those are essential apps that the phones depends on to operate efficiently and correctly.

Do not close those apps... in fact ... do not use an app killer.

Uninstall your app killer, reboot the phone, and go on from there :D

Sprint Naviagtion is essential?? I dont even want that thing on my phone. the only one that sounds essential is com.coremobility.app.vnotes.

Upvote 0
When referring to Task Killer, I use mine when I have an app FC and it actually doesn't even close but locks up (PANDORA is nortorius for this) and have to go in the task killer and shut it down. This will allow the program to be reopended and actually funtion.

Any other way to do this willou the market task killer?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones