Apps Opening on Their Own???General

Last Updated:

1. TPenny17

TPenny17 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure its been covered somewhere but does anyone have an explanation as to why when I open advanced task killer it tells me a bunch of apps, that I didn't open, are running??? Doesn't really slow my phone down too much, just annoying... Running Eris Root KaosFroyo

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Tpenny17,

Don't know much about the Froyo ROM, but there's always stuff that Android auto-launches (you didn't say what apps were auto-launching). I would imagine that many of these are due to auto-refresh / sync type things where the app wants to "phone home" to check on things (which are probably enabled somewhere in the settings via some "automatic" checkbox). The real annoying stuff [bloatware] (like Amazon MP3 that lots of folks don't like or use), the devs sometimes take out.

Most of the time, these things are just annoying and don't really hurt since Android will automatically reclaim resources from inactive apps. If they aren't causing a problem, I wouldn't worry about them.

Hope this helps.

P.S., I haven't run a task killer on any or my phones since March :D [haven't needed or wanted to]

TPenny17 likes this.
  3. TPenny17

TPenny17 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you, yea I just zipped the KAosfroyo today... So it could just be buggy twitchy things, we all know how those go... appreciate the response.