• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps pausing at night?

Twofoot

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Hi. I have an issue with certain apps pausing or switching off in the middle of the night.
I live in a very noisy area so use a white noise app (via headphones) to drown out the outside noise.
Despite setting timers on the apps the all seem to either pause or switch off (not sure which) after a few hours. This is very frustrating for me. I have tried many sleep apps and they all do it which leads me to believe that it must either be a problem with the phone or is some setting I have wrong.
I have recently switched from an iphone to this phone and never had any problems before.
Any help/ ideas would be great thanks. :)

I could be wrong, but I'd put this down to the memory management of the phone. Quite often I have a music app running, and if I pause it and leave it like that for ~10 minutes it has killed the app automatically and I have to start it up again. I'm guessing that in your case, after a while the phone is trying to allocate it's RAM somewhere else and will end the sleep app process you have, turning it off.

I'm just trying to find a way to fix this so I can let you know if you want to try it, I'll report back if I find anything

Upvote 0
I could be wrong, but I'd put this down to the memory management of the phone. Quite often I have a music app running, and if I pause it and leave it like that for ~10 minutes it has killed the app automatically and I have to start it up again. I'm guessing that in your case, after a while the phone is trying to allocate it's RAM somewhere else and will end the sleep app process you have, turning it off.

I'm just trying to find a way to fix this so I can let you know if you want to try it, I'll report back if I find anything

Thanks I appreciate the help. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones