APPS Question

Last Updated:

1. walkerakl

walkerakl Active Member This Topic's Starter

So i just rooted -- i'm looking for the sweet apps that everyone talks about -- busybox, SetCPU, Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Wifi and Wired Tether, etc. Do i have to sideload these, can i find them in the market? Do i need to download something special from the market? Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member

did you find the apps yet? If not, I'd recommend getting titanium backup first. It should be on the market and available.

After that backup your apps and data then start all over from scratch:

SRE 1.0 | (Root + OC 1.2GHz + LagFix + MobileAP + USB Tether + MORE EXTREME) - xda-developers

This way you are rooted, have the lag fix, have enabled sideloading of apps and won't need the sideload wonder machine in the future, and have market enabler to find the apps on the market that att blocks.

I'm running the Super Rooter from about a week ago and it is amazing. The ext4 lag fix is incredible. I don't know how in the hell I used this phone for about 3 weeks without it. Oh yeah, I also flashed this:

[MOD]Fightspit's Super Circle Battery with % | version a, b, c & d | Evo Black Bar - xda-developers

Pick the style you want and you will have a working battery indicator. I opted for the evo 1. Yay!!!

The order i did everything:
    1) I use odin3 to flash to a stock jh3 rom.
    a. If you are on a stock out-of-the-box rom(JF-something, i think?) flash back to that stock first
    b. now flash to the stock jh3 rom.
    2) then I put the superRooter update.zip on internal sd card and get into recovery mode and reinstall packages
    3) next I get the circle battery update.zip, put it on the phone and boot into recovery mode and reinstall packages..
    4) apply lagfix via the app with superRooter (SL4A app on your phone now)
    5) download titanium backup and restore all the apps from your original backup.

The trick with restoring all your apps is to only restore the ones you actually need. My initial backup had the yellow pages app and the att navigator and all the bloat crap. Since the super rooter removes all of that, you don't want to restore it on your phone via titanium backup.

Hope that helps.