Apps Running in the background?????

Last Updated:

1. Renniks

Renniks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guy's!!

When you leave App's open FaceBook ETC, do they run in the background I.E. Retrieve Status Updates ETC??? And if so does it stay connected to the network (Internet) Or does it only connect when something like a Status update comes through?

Thanks for any Replies/Help
    :D:)

Advertisement
  2. dhole

dhole Active Member

Apps on android rarely close. They seem to run in the background until the phone slows , using a task manager or turning off the phone resets this .

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Untrue.

Have a read of the Properly Close An App? thread, especially the posts by romeosidvicious, to get a handle on how Linux (and therefore Linux-based OS) actually handles memory usage.

4. dhole

dhole Active Member

I dont need to read how things should work . I know how my phone performs :p

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Obviously you don't. Either that or you have the only Android device in existence that doesn't actually work like an Android device. Sorry I tried to help clear up your misunderstanding. Enjoy your ignorance.

6. dhole

dhole Active Member

lol

my phone slows down when all the apps stay open. Does that make me ignorant ?

7. prepbgg

prepbgg Well-Known Member

Going back to the original question the answer is that regular Android apps do carry on running indefinitely. They only connect to the internet when they are programmed to: in the case of the Browser this will be when you perform a search or click on a link or open a bookmark; apps like Facebook and GMail are programmed to go on-line periodically to check for updates.

8. Renniks

Renniks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks mate that's what I wanted to know!! :D:D