apps running?Support

Last Updated:

1. chattygirl

chattygirl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, would really appreciate some help.

My desire was taking approx 40mins to power down so I installed an task killer to show me what was running in the backround.
    I was astounded...approx 25 apps were continually running in the backround...so by killing these apps...powering down now only take 15secs max...brilliant.

However, ive become a bit obsessed with this task killer....i keep checking what is running and there are things on there that i have never used such as "youtube", "news" "talk" etc.

Could someone please point me in the right direction about how i stop these apps from running without me requesting them too?

Many thanks

I know a lot of say task killers are not essential but it has certainly shown me the reason why my desire was running so slowly.

Also one more thing, after powering off my phone, when restarting, ALL the apps automatically start running then? Is there a startup menu that can be editted for example??

Thankyou in advance for any help and advice given.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Basically you should not be using a task killer. No only is it not essential, but also it is detrimental.

What you should do is use teh task killer to find teh 1 app that is causing shut down problems. uninstall that app, then uninsnstall the task killer.

3. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Or use System Panel which isn't a task-killer but gives you a better idea of what is running (and what is simply resident - which isn't taking-up any CPU)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

There is no way besides uninstalling the apps you put on yourself and/or rooting your phone to get rid of pre-installed ones
    Same answer as before^^ with out rooting then no.
    Also ONE of the problems with task killers is that if you kill those apps that run on their own they will just start up again by themselves, thus using more cpu(battery) in the process.
    Systempanel or batteryleft widget are, for me, the best way to find problematic apps.
    If it takes 40 mins for your phone to shut off then you DEFINITELY have a rogue app causing problems