Apps starting phones servises

Last Updated:

1. valdovas

valdovas New Member This Topic's Starter

Every time I start iGo navigation soft, it starts mobile internet(A-GPS i think) even if it is disabled in menu and i can't make it turn off until i restart it.
    It's not such a big porblem in my country but if i would go abroad, i would be charged a lot for using my phone as navigator.

I didn't find options in iGo to manage it.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit like a kink in the app itself. And if that's the case, there's not much I could suggest besides using another app, or not using the iGo app when abroad.

Hmm.. how would you use the iGo app abroad anyway, if not using mobile internet? I assume you'd be travelling (in a car, bus, walking), therefore wouldn't wi-fi be excluded as an option?

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

When you go abroad just turn off mobile data via the htc sense mobile data widget

4. valdovas

valdovas New Member This Topic's Starter

Even if i turn it off by hold 2 seconds power button or by menu, it starts using mobile network by itself..

i think it's app glicht.

Thank U guys

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

so if you turn it off you still get the G/3G/H/ icons? How do you know it still accesses the internet?

6. Fish-Bone

Fish-Bone Well-Known Member

Are you sure that it uses the data connection and not gps? Just tested my Legend with iGO (latest version available) and all is fine. Works well with data connection turned off :)