apps stay awake causing battery drainSupport

1. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

lately ive noticed apps running in the background causing huge battery drain, I first noticed my batter dropping a percent every few minutes even with my phone in my pocket

I opened application manager and seen apps showing in the list, I use to believe these were in a frozen state but they had ram and cpu usage assigned to them forcing them closed made my battery stop with the rapid draining

any way to stop this other than manually closing them every time

Advertisement
    :
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

having apps cached in RAM isnt draining the battery. By closing them, in the longrun youll use more battery because opening them uses more power.
    Sounds like at least one of your apps is misbehaving though so you have to try n track it down. In Data Usage in Settings, is any app usin a lot of background data?
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Download betterbatterystats and let it run for a few hours.

It will identify what is holding your phone awake

Funky above me is correct, apps that are cached don't drain battery
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

Yeah Better Battery Stats is a great investment :thumbup:
  5. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Also make sure you clear your ram, clearing your will closed down any app thats still running.

Attached Files:

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It appears as though he's done that
  7. funkylogik

Seriously, mate? :eek:
  8. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

How about disabling them through AppMgr. Move over to all. You will get a list of all the apps on the phone. You can delete those you yourself have added, and disable those that can't be deleted. When you might want to re-enable them, just go towards the end of the list which will show the disabled apps and put them back in action. Hope this helps.

JM