Apps still on phone after wipe and ROM change

Last Updated:

1. eriscentro

eriscentro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted on thursday, and I'm loving root. So far, I've tried quite a few ROMs, probably about 6 or 7. Sometimes, I'll do a wipe, but my apps are still installed on the ROM. For example, I went from official with all my apps installed, wiped then installed kaos legendary (none of my apps were there from official), wiped, ZenEXP. In ZenEXP, all my apps were still on the phone. I find this extremely strange, why is it happening?

Advertisement
  2. eriscentro

Is it because of A2SD, because I had that installed, and it probably was reading from the card?

3. orchard_112

orchard_112 Member

My understanding is that the Apps2sd won't work unless you've partitioned your sd. So you can't "accidentally" be installing apps on SD.

4. eriscentro

I intentionally installed A2SD, partition and all

5. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

I'd have to guess and say "yes", because your apps are installed on your SD card using A2SD, your ROMs are reading it and seeing the apps. Try installing a ROM that doesn't support A2SD and see if the apps are now "gone".

6. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Your apps will be on each new rom that has a2sd unless you wipe your partition, 3rd option down in the wipe menu in recovery mode. Some roms that dont have a2sd that you try to flash after you've used a a2sd rom will send you into a bootloop and will require an ext partition wipe.

Sent from my Aloysius Eris with tapatalk

alprazolam likes this.
  7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

That's good to know on the positive side of things as well because I am more willing to change ROMs knowing that I have less set up to do.