Apps still running after killing them WTFSupport

Last Updated:

1. mosabi

mosabi Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed Froyo tonight and reinstalled my apps and use Advanced Task Killer free and when I kill my apps it seems as though I always have some running or they will start running without me doing anything.

Ex: I have News and Weather, Slacker, Voice search, and Skype mobile running and when I click on KILL selected apps It leaves Voice search running. If I click Kill again Slacker, News and weather and voice search are running.

Why are these apps running when I'm not actually running them? Any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

3. mosabi

4. hasbrobot

hasbrobot Well-Known Member

Welcome to android, don't use taskillers. Period.

5. mosabi

Ok so if I ditch task killer and I constantly have 10 apps running. What is the most efficient way to close them so I know my battery isn't draining that much quicker than having no apps open?

I appreciate the advice. I am new to this.

6. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

task killer debate aside i noticed this too. tons more apps show running when i look in system panel.

google partner setup
    htc message uploader
    open sense plugin manager
    settings
    my uploads
    market

these never seem to shut down. I THINK that there is an update needed to system panel and that these are "cached" apps maybe. Not sure as my battery seems to last as long if not longer. Just dont like seeing it all running all the time

7. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

99% of what you need to know is in that FAQ.

8. mosabi

Kinda annoying that I need to just wait till they are closed automatically. I would much rather close them and re-assure myself they are not using battery when I am trying to conserve what battery I have left. Fact is the Incredible has a tough time with battery life the way it is.

9. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

i was reading in other forums after 2.2 there are some apps you can shut down to death but will only pop running again when you go and look.

10. mosabi

Hmm... Do you have a link I can read from?

Edit: I did a search and found some on google. Yes it does seem as though many others are having this issue.

11. mudjackit

mudjackit New Member

Well, I can personally say through past experiences with my Droid, that the FAQ on why not to use app killers is a bunch of crap. Before the 2.2 update, my 2.1 version would chew up memory, use over work the processor, get extremely hot, and would destroy my battery in a couple hours. This 2.2 version is even worse. I hardly ever use twitter, but the damn thing opens up constantly. Same with Facebook (which is unresponsive since the update), Amazon mp3, Google news and weather, and maps. I never open up maps, bit it is always running in the background. You can't tell me that the more apps that are open at one time does not affect performance and efficiency. It take power to even keep them in the background. My take is that the 2.2 OS was NOT thought out properly and was released much too soon. It has now turned my Droid into a glorified doorstop. Not to mention, but the UI is slow and clumsy. Nuff said.

12. mosabi

I just found an app in the market called Froyo Task Killer. Here is a website I found on it. Froyo Task Killer - Cyrket

I wish there was an auto kill but this will help atleast.

13. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

hmm i feel some user error going on then ;) because my Inc runs fine with no task killer

14. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

As does mine! No task killer, no juice defender, no nothing. Just properly exit out of apps. Battery does just fine.