Apps take a long time to appear after SD Card is remountedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ylla

Ylla Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Recently, when I plug my EVO into a PC and use it as a drive, my apps are taking an awfully long time to reappear (the ones stored on the SD card of course.) The card appears to be working fine (and no issues when working with the folders on the PC) otherwise. Now...there are indeed a lot of apps stored on the SD Card now (since they are moved there) so I don't know if this is normal or not, but I do not remember it taking this long before - it takes about 3 minutes for all the apps to reappear and show on the phone (in the ALL APPS screen, etc) where it was mere moments before. Once they load, they work fine of course. I do have Apps Organizer installed and have my apps in categories now so I don't know if this could be causing issues suddenly...

I noticed it today when I moved some photos off my phone and then unmounted the drive from the PC and waited for the phone to mount the card again. The card mounted normally but many of my apps did't show up (my browser for one...games, etc) till minutes later. I rebooted the phone and it took just as long for everything to come back... I know it wasn't doing this before when I swapped the battery out so this can't be normal I would think... (..and yes...I always make sure to safely remove the drive from my PC, etc.) Any ideas?!!! THANKS!:)

Advertisement