Apps that aren't working on the DNASupport

Last Updated:

1. vjetti

vjetti Active Member

Some key apps that I was used to having on my old school Incredible don't work on the DNA. I am hoping this is just because of how new the phone is, or waiting for apps to update to Jelly Bean. These are:

1) Skype - I just get a black screen when I try to video chat. I'm not a fan of Google Plus for video chat, any other good apps for this purpose?

2) Economist - I believe their app just doesn't support Jelly Bean yet. My main news source.

3) Good for Enterprise - needed to access my work e-mail. DNA is unsupported

Any other key apps out there that you all can't use yet?

2. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

From a thread in another forum , these are listed .. I know MAX GO doesn't work (isn't available in the Play Store for download on the DNA even), I can't vouch for the rest ..

Xbox Smart Glass
    Angry Birds Star Wars
    Max GO
    Google Wallet
    Need for Speed most wanted
    Google Play - Library Widget
    ESPN College Football
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Rise of Glory - my favorite game at the moment too, that and Angry Birds.
  4. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Google Finance (It works, but the charts are miniaturized)
  5. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

Any game that matters from electronic arts
  6. PatyCake

PatyCake Well-Known Member

Can someone check snatchat for me please? Thanks!
  7. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

USA Today,Flash player
  8. y2kirk1028

y2kirk1028 Active Member

what's the problem with Widgetsoid? i'm using it and works for me except maybe the screen brightness toggles. I have to use the manual slide bar to get it to work.
  9. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

What about Tango? Does it work?
  10. vjetti

vjetti Active Member

Tango works! Nice app, I hadn't heard of it before.

Snapchat also works.

Hopefully more apps update soon!
    PatyCake likes this.
  11. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Skype video works fine for me. No issues. Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing?
  12. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

I use both Skype and Good. No issues with either one.
  13. exmobR

exmobR Active Member

i use widgetsoid(old) and it works fine for me.

Had to dL skype off market for it to work for me.
  14. vjetti

vjetti Active Member

Good now works, as the DNA is supported! I guess I will try to uninstall and reinstall Skype tonight. But I'm actually finding that Tango meets my video chat needs so I don't really require it.

Going to try side loading the economist app as well..
    ---> and side loading works perfectly! Although I have the black bar on the bottom, otherwise it's fine. Why do apps show up as incompatible in the Store if they actually do work fine?
  15. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

ESPN Score Center is not working I just discovered, with the DNA. Arrrrgh :mad:

16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

17. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had installed it via the APK this afternoon. I guess the thread could be for apps not working or not AVAILABLE for the DNA. This one like some others in not available for the DNA for some crazy reason. Very frustrating to be honest.
  18. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I don't know about others but I think I would prefer it if developers would just set it so all apps could be downloaded on any phone and if they don't work then they dont work but give the option to try.

The DNA is incompatible with quite a few apps but a lot of them seem to work when being sideloaded, just a workaround that could be easily solved it seems.
  19. prankster624

prankster624 Member

The rules of golf app by the USGA doesn't work on this phone.
  20. ccb402012

ccb402012 New Member

I am going through candy crush saga withdrawals,has anyone heard if they were going to make it compatible with the dna?
  21. jgraves12

jgraves12 Well-Known Member

Only two I've found that don't work are call of duty black ops zombies and the steam app. Oh, everything on opera mini seem umm...well mini. Much smaller than it was on my Gnex.
  22. Misato

Misato Member

Steam works just fine on my dna. What problem are you having?
  23. jgraves12

jgraves12 Well-Known Member

When I open the app and go to log on I'll get stuck at a grey screen. I know it quits trying to connect to the servers because the arrows next to the 3g icon turn grey. Tried reinstalling, clearing data and cache, no luck. :(

This is what it looks like.
  24. schwooba

schwooba Member

I'm having problems with gTalk but it might be me. It shows everyone as offline. If I go to another machine it works fine.

Favor...can someone send me a gTalk APK from the new OTA update so I can try reinstalling it? Can't find it on the Play store. Thanks!
  25. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member