• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps that currently do NOT work on the Xoom

Flavy

May 10, 2010
Here is my list of apps that currently do not work on the Xoom:

Google Voice - Force closes

Citrix Receiver - Force closes (Fixed on 3/4 with latest release from market)

Worms - get error message that it an Unsupported Device and closes

PhoneMyPC - Force Closes (Fixed on 2/25 with latest release from market)

Please add any other apps to this thread and update once they are fixed.

nfl mobile from verizon wireless. i can't see verizon fixing it, this is the software group that has to have a different vz navigator program for each individual phone.

btw the web page andriod market is awesome, sitting at work today looking at apps, i can click install on the webpage and choose the xoom from the drop down box, when i get home all those apps will already be installed. web based market FTW!

Upvote 0
nfl mobile from verizon wireless. i can't see verizon fixing it, this is the software group that has to have a different vz navigator program for each individual phone.

btw the web page andriod market is awesome, sitting at work today looking at apps, i can click install on the webpage and choose the xoom from the drop down box, when i get home all those apps will already be installed. web based market FTW!

I've been doing the same thing today!

Upvote 0
Here is my list of apps that currently do not work on the Xoom:

Google Voice - Force closes

Citrix Receiver - Force closes

Worms - get error message that it an Unsupported Device and closes

PhoneMyPC - Force Closes (Fixed on 2/25 with latest release from market)

Please add any other apps to this thread and update once they are fixed.
Another vote for Google Voice. I'm missing this BIGTIME.

Upvote 0
Weird, you aren't Air Force One, but if that's truly the case, I can see that as valid.
Yeah he's right, I use it for texting.

In fact the Xoom does not come with any native texting app and since Google Voice uses regular data it should work fine and not be an issue for Google to get working. I miss it bad because now I have to use Gmail to communicate when on the Xoom. My best friend does not use gtalk...although I may get him doing it if Google doesn't get Google Voice working pretty quick.

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
Google street view,which is pissing me off since I just saw a xoom commercial showing street view off and it looks cool. Downloaded it but it won't open and I don't see the option in maps for it
I didn't need to download anything, it just worked, so you might want to try deleting whatever you downloaded as that might not be honeycomb compatible ...but anyway, to find street view do this:

open google maps

press and hold someplace on the map

click that result

if the little man on the right is whited out, there is no street view for that location

if it is grey click on it for street view

at this point you can also drag pin man around to move in street view

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones