1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Apps that currently do NOT work on the Xoom

1. Flavy

Flavy Active Member

Here is my list of apps that currently do not work on the Xoom:

Google Voice - Force closes

Citrix Receiver - Force closes (Fixed on 3/4 with latest release from market)

Worms - get error message that it an Unsupported Device and closes

PhoneMyPC - Force Closes (Fixed on 2/25 with latest release from market)

Please add any other apps to this thread and update once they are fixed.

Advertisement
    :
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Soundhound, Neocore, USA Today are the 3 apps I had that I got rid of because they don't work or constantly FC.
  3. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

News Room (rss reader) doesn't work well.
  4. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

Power Hour for Android doesnt work :O(
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

gTablet has some of the same apps not working (Tegra 2 issue), but you folks will then also have to wait for some apps to catch up with Honeycomb's dynamic storage management. This impacts data access for some apps (will not install or will FC).
  6. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

SpringPad keeps force closing.
  7. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

Facebook for Android (I wanted the contact sync)
  8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

the crackbook plugin built into skyfire gives you a heads up to your news feeds, inbox,etc... provides "at a glance" viewing...
    BoozeRob likes this.
  9. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

Bankofamerica app doesn't scale for tablets. So u get a little box and rest is black.
  10. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

nfl mobile from verizon wireless. i can't see verizon fixing it, this is the software group that has to have a different vz navigator program for each individual phone.

btw the web page andriod market is awesome, sitting at work today looking at apps, i can click install on the webpage and choose the xoom from the drop down box, when i get home all those apps will already be installed. web based market FTW!
  11. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

I've been doing the same thing today!
  12. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I've been having lots of problems with K-9 mail. Force closes over and over. I uninstalled it for now.
  13. green94

green94 Member

14. nhlpreds98

nhlpreds98 Member

Jorte Calendar does not work either, it will open but no Sync. Loving it so far. Can't wait for the apps to catch up.
  15. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

Another vote for Google Voice. I'm missing this BIGTIME.
  16. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Please OP, update the first post, or have a mod do it.

I'll bet the majority of the apps are fixed this weekend, and we don't want to do the community any injustice!
  17. syntrix

How is GV a problem? You can't make or receive calls, so what's the point? How are you missing this?

Only way I could see is if you check your VM's and/or use a voice client. Browser isn't working?:D
  18. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

It's for SMS. At least that's what I use GV for on my tablets.
  19. syntrix

Weird, you aren't Air Force One, but if that's truly the case, I can see that as valid.
  20. Air Force One

Yeah he's right, I use it for texting.

In fact the Xoom does not come with any native texting app and since Google Voice uses regular data it should work fine and not be an issue for Google to get working. I miss it bad because now I have to use Gmail to communicate when on the Xoom. My best friend does not use gtalk...although I may get him doing it if Google doesn't get Google Voice working pretty quick.
    xmr405o likes this.
  21. Imaginary Buddie

Imaginary Buddie New Member

The scrabble game Words With Friends can launch however your selection of letters at the bottom of the screen are not visible. They are blocked by the score board and game options.
  22. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

Google street view,which is pissing me off since I just saw a xoom commercial showing street view off and it looks cool. Downloaded it but it won't open and I don't see the option in maps for it
  23. Air Force One

I didn't need to download anything, it just worked, so you might want to try deleting whatever you downloaded as that might not be honeycomb compatible ...but anyway, to find street view do this:

open google maps

press and hold someplace on the map

click that result

if the little man on the right is whited out, there is no street view for that location

if it is grey click on it for street view

at this point you can also drag pin man around to move in street view
  24. syntrix

did you mention this to the developer?
  25. syntrix

Usually you have to drill way down, then the street guy shows up in other apps. You saying this is not the case?