Apps that DO work on the Xoom

Last Updated:

1. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

Complementary to the thread here, I figured I'd start one that details apps that DO work.

Starting off: Slingplayer Mobile!

2. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Samuri II, Fruit Ninja THD, any THD game in fact is amazing, Angry Birds, Score Mobile, Quadrant, Beautiful Widgets, QIK, Phandroid, NESoid, ROM Buddy, System Panel, XDA, Talking Tom, Chase Moble, Gas Buddy.
    ODog2323 and Mitchrapp like this.
  3. Cincybearcatfan

Ultimate Juice also works well.
  4. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

The Nook app works good for the most part. Force closed a couple of times but nothing major. Very usable and reading on the 10.1 inch screen is perfect.
  5. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Just tried Splode. Works great on the xoom
  6. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane Well-Known Member

CNN app is amazing.

Tweetdeck works good.

Poweramp works basically like it does on the Droids.

7. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

Weather Bug Elite works well. So does System Panel.
  8. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane Well-Known Member

I love Battery ETA on my DroidX -- Anyone found a good Battery app? Also looking for a good clock app
  9. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Klondike Solitaire.
  10. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

USA Today for Tablets.
  11. Cincybearcatfan

I STRONGLY suggest taking a look at THIS THREAD. I've yet to find one that doesn't look right now (that worked before). For example Mint worked but was formatted for a phone. Now it looks great. Same for It worked before but after doing that trick, it's full screen.
    Mayday likes this.
  12. kencrudup

HDMI mirrors to a monitor! (This is different than my EVO, where only selected apps did.)

You can even watch the SlingPlayer on an externally-connected monitor!
  13. Cincybearcatfan

I use power widget basic. Gives me a nice percentage in an oval on my screen as a widget.
  14. Cincybearcatfan

You can now add Weatherbug beta for Honeycomb as a working app.
    Plakius likes this.
  15. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Would be even better with magazine and newspaper support. :(

Accuweather app is quite awesome. I've been mourning the loss of my Weather Channel app, since I trust them more than Accuweather, but it's one of the nicest lookig tablet apps I've seen yet, so that softens the blow. :D
  16. Plakius

Plakius Well-Known Member

I travel a lot and hate when Widgets don't auto update. But you're right it is the best looking one.
  17. Packet

Packet Member

Trillian should work under Honeycomb on a Xoom; we pushed an update to the market to fix the reported issues. (If that version doesn't work on a Xoom for anyone, please toss bug reports into our bug tracker; we'd really like to know!)
  18. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Well-Known Member

Correction....DOES work. ;) I use it a lot and used it all day today on my Xoom. Anyone who wants a quality chat program for the Xoom, this thing rocks.

GAANDROID Active Member

Super K.O. Boxing
    Crazy Snowboard (looks great but you have to open it twice)
    Ninjump (looks great but you have to open it twice)
    Stupid Zombies (great game. A must have)
    Glow hockey
    Tank Hero
    GTunes music (free music)
    Angry birds
    Gun Bros
    Find it the simpsons
    Find it Family guy
  20. scottaboshia

scottaboshia Member

Thanks for the awesome suggestions. Loving Stupid Zombies!
  21. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

If you are in need or want a differend Corporate email client, other than the built in one:

Touchdown works very well but I am a Moxier Mail guy. I was in contact with Moxier yesterday and they have informed me that a Tab version of their app will be out "shortly" tech people, we know that "shortly" can mean anywhere from next week to next year but I am crossing my fingers!
  22. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Theres is a touchdown for tablets now, very nice app for the Xoom. Almost glad the stock exchange client doesnt work ha ha. The only downside is the license is $20 but if you had previously purchased TD, then the license will work with this version.
  23. kencrudup

Actually, the stock Exchange client must work a little; I was able to set it up and my client's Exchange Policies aren't all that lax.

Works pretty well for me, the only issue is sometimes I have to scroll up the text when typing 'cause the keyboard gets in the way.
  24. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Well-Known Member

I use it on my corporate exchange server. The built in client that is. Works fine for me. I like it better than phone's version.