• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps that DO work on the Xoom

Looking for an app for my Xoom that does remote desktop... tried Splashtop remote and it force closes after a few seconds. I shot them an email and they said they are working on fixing the app for tablets.

Hands down Remote Desktop is the best App period and I proved it worked on my friends Xoom by logging into my remote desktop PC. It works and it's awesome. Sold by Xtralogic in the market. It's pricey but the best is the best. Try it and you will see.

Upvote 0
Looking for an app for my Xoom that does remote desktop... tried Splashtop remote and it force closes after a few seconds. I shot them an email and they said they are working on fixing the app for tablets.

I use "remote vnc w/ad" by yongtao Wang. Works flawlessly with my Macs. It went from DX to Xoom with no problems. I have a MacBook hidden on top of an armour connected to speakers and use the vnc to control Mac/iTunes

Upvote 0
Trillian should work under Honeycomb on a Xoom; we pushed an update to the market to fix the reported issues. (If that version doesn't work on a Xoom for anyone, please toss bug reports into our bug tracker; we'd really like to know!)
Trillian works for me. The Trillian login works. The Facebook seems to work and I see online contacts. The gtalk login works but I see no contacts. My yahoo login flashes for a split second and fails to connect, Yahoo is my primary need since Yahoo Messenger won't even install on Xoom. I tried deleting and re-adding the yahoo account several times. Yahoo works for me in Trillian Mac.

edit: Hmm, Trillian / Yahoo just started working? But something I installed seems to have killed the battery charge indicator.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones