• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps that use location keep stopping!

SteKelly

Lurker
Sep 3, 2015
Hi, I'm new here so apologies if my forum etiquette it's exactly right!

I'm having an issue with apps that use some map/location service on my S5 - running Lollipop 5.0. I tried using a 'Map My Run' app only to find it shows the error message 'Unfortunately, MapMyRun as stopped'. I thought it was an issue with that one app - but every similar app does the same - Nike+, MapMyWalk, RunTastic, and so on...

Signing up for the services is fine, when I'm signed up and ready to run, I open the app, I get a launch screen - then black screen showing the error. This is the same across all the apps. Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but I guess it's something to do with a map/location service that they're trying to use? But as I'm about as basic as can be, I have no idea what this is and therefore whether it is disabled (I don't recall disabling anything) or needs updating?

My location settings are on, there's no power saving mode activated in location settings - just standard, out of the box settings as far as I can tell.

Any help with this would be massively appreciated, I'm well out of my depth.

Thanks - Ste

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones